14 February 2009

Bidet On - Day 1

The way the flights are from Atlanta to Barcelona, the night you are accostome to disappears. Unless you sleep very well on the plane, you are missing a night's sleep. I missed said night sleep. Soon after I arrived, I got to work quickly - showing up to the venue and introducing myself around. About 21.00h a few of us wend out for some drinks and tapas at a tapa bar around the corner from the hotel. By the time I got to bed, I had been awake without any sleep for 34 hours. I feel I could have gone longer, but there was no need.

The hotel I'm staying is has been affectionately dubbed the "Roach Motel" amongst us resisdents. It is a good thing we don't spend much time there. The rooms are small and the bed are nothing but rusty springs. The only luxury I have is the bidet next to my toilet in my bathroom.

So, in the spirit of trying new things and personal hygene, I gave that splasher a try. It wasn't as exciting or unusual I i thought. Afterall, I have taken a few showers before. It really isn't much different aside from the lingering feeling afterwords. You laugh at that "lingering feeling" but it feels more like you've cleaned an apparently (yet, unintended) neglected area of your body.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When in Spain, do as the Spainards and take a nap.

happy v-day brother. smooches

David said...

If space is a problem then a great alternative to installing a stand alone bidet is a portable bathroom bidet sprayer from BathroomSprayers.com. It can be attached easily(without a plumber) to your existing water supply for the toilet and comes in many styles and colors. It also gives you more water pressure and control than fixed bidets. Available at www.bathroomsprayers.com 
You can pay for it with toilet paper savings and it's better for the environment.